GL Communications Inc. has introduced NetSurveyorWeb Lite, a web-based system that works with the company’s TDM/IP protocol analyzers, voice band analyzer, and delay measurement tools to measure the performance of gateways and routers. The system offers delay measurement, voice quality (VQT) analysis, and voice band events (VBA) capabilities.
Capabilities of the NetSurveyorWeb Lite include:
- Remote monitoring via the company’s Network Surveillance System
- Provision of such signaling key performance indicators (KPIs) as call success ratio, failure calls, call failure cause, setup duration, and billing duration
- Provision of voice quality KPIs based on voice quality (MOS, R-Factor), delay measurements (RTD, OWD), and speech metrics
- Provision of accurate one-way delay measurements
- Speech metrics (active speech level, activity factor, noise level, DC, RMS)
- Capture of SS7 calls on multiple T1 E1 trunks using a signaling link on a different physical trunk than the telephony circuits.
“Signalling and voice that traverse through various network elements including gateways, routers, and switches may suffer impairments in voice delay, voice quality, signalling delay, and congestion. Performance measurement tools can help quantify the degradation whether occurring in individual elements or in the end to end path,” according to Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of the GL Communications.
“The traffic which traverses through a router/gateway can be captured at both TDM and IP interfaces simultaneously (synchronized to a common clock) and stored in a common codec format, e.g., *.pcm. These captured voice segments can be further processed using GL's delay and voice analysis applications.”
For related articles, visit the Test and Measurement Topic Center.
For more information on high-speed transmission systems and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer’s Guide.