Peak 10 + ViaWest says it has finished its Englewood, CO Compark data center expansion. The 88,000-square-foot expansion brings the facility's total data center space to 138,000 square feet, making the Compark facility one of the largest raised floor data halls in the world, the company says.
With high-density capabilities of over 1,500 MW per square foot and a Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) of 1.3, Compark's design will offer customers the ability to condense their IT environment, integrate more hyper-converged infrastructure, accommodate intensive applications, and access new technologies by enabling power density levels to be obtained that are 10 times that of traditional data centers, the company asserts.
According to Peak 10 + ViaWest, key features of the expanded facility include:
· 24-foot ceilings for flexible heat collection and efficient cooling.
· Proprietary Super Computer Room Air Conditioning (SuperCRAC) systems providing energy efficient cooling without the need for water or other liquid in the data hall.
· 2 million cubic feet per minute of temperature- and humidity-controlled air to replace all of the data hall's air every 2 minutes, delivered by the SuperCRACs at full density.
· A pressurized raised floor environment for consistent, efficient delivery of cooled air to IT equipment anywhere in the data hall.
· Medium-voltage switchgear and redundant paralleled generators to offer scalability and continuous electrical power supply.
· Intelligent, programmable logic controller-based breakers providing consistent generator, utility, and uninterruptible power supply deployment.
Other features of the Compark data center include a cloud node that delivers low latency connectivity and enhanced hardware for supporting customer cloud deployments, connectivity to almost 30 carriers, and access to Peak 10 + ViaWest's 100-Gbps nationwide backbone network. The recently unveiled backbone network is well-suited for application and data replication and business, the company asserts.
"Demand in the Denver area is spiking as our customers' data needs increase and their infrastructure strategies shift toward a fully hybrid IT model," said Chris Downie, Peak 10 + ViaWest CEO. "With our Compark data center, we are breaking the mold of data center design by introducing multiple innovations that help us achieve one of lowest PUE ratings in the industry, translating to lower operating costs for our customers."
For related articles, visit the Data Center Topic Center.
For more information on high-speed transmission systems and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer's Guide.