JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU) has established microsites for the two companies that will result from its planned split in the third quarter of this year (see "JDSU to split in two"). The sites, among other info, reveal the planned executive structure of the two emerging companies, as well as their respective logos.
Current JDSU staffers will form the leadership teams of the two companies, although in a few instances, those executives are recent hires. As previously announced, current JDSU head Thomas Waechter will lead Viavi Solutions, the new home for the company's network and service enablement businesses and its optical security and performance products. Alan Lowe, president of JDSU's Communications and Commercial Optical Products (CCOP) business unit, is CEO designate of the other company, Lumentum.
The rest of Viavi's leadership team includes:
- Rex Jackson, CFO
- Paul McNab, chief marketing and strategy officer
- Mike Burkhard, vice president, human resources
- Sue Spradley, senior vice president and general manager, business operations and P&L, network and service enablement
- Ralph Rondinone, senior vice president, global operations and services, network and service enablement
- Dion Joannou, senior vice president, global sales, network and service enablement
- Luke Scrivanich, senior vice president and general manager, optical security and performance products.
Joannou joined the company this past January, while McNab came aboard last September. The other executives have been with the company since at least 2013.
As for Lumentum, the following officers will join Lowe in running the company:
- Aaron Tachibana, CFO
- Craig Cocchi, senior vice president, operations
- Vince Retort, senior vice president, R&D
- Chris Coldren, vice president, strategy, corporate development, and marketing
- Sharon Parker, vice president, human resources
- Doug Alteen, vice president, product line management, optical communications
- Alex Schoenfelder, vice president, product line management, commercial lasers
- Shreyas Shah, senior vice president, chief information officer
- Judy Hamel, general counsel
- Andrea Milani, vice president, global sales.
Shah also joined the company this past January.
Meanwhile, Lightwave spoke with Lowe at OFC 2015 in March to discuss the upcoming split and what the rampant speculation that Lumentum will be an acquisition target means for the company.
Finally, for you fans of the graphic arts, the companies also revealed their new logos:
For more information on test equipment and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer's Guide.