Leviton has unveiled SDX Wall-Mount Fiber Optic Enclosures, the most recent additions to its Opt-X fiber optic enclosures family, to support various indoor environments and improve the selection, installation, and maintenance process for contractors. The company says the wall-mount enclosures can accommodate a number of Leviton SDX and HDX adapter plates, cassettes, splice trays, and splice modules.
According to Leviton, the new SDX Wall-Mount Enclosures are designed for various applications, from telecommunications rooms, network hubs, and remote network extensions, to end-of-row patching. The company says the SDX Wall-Mount enclosures provide:
· Network security via locking doors and dual-door access to separate user and service sides.
· Cable and patch cord protection, enabling contractors to dress-out and protect cable and jackets from damage and pinching.
· Compact zero-RU, wall-mount, and din-rail mounting options for space savings.
· Network consistency from enclosures accommodating both Leviton SDX and HDX patching platforms.
· Field splicing, including both splice trays and self-contained splice modules.
The SDX Wall-Mount line has four sizes available, accommodating from 24 to 288 LC fibers. The product line's size and capacity options include:
· A Mini Enclosure that houses one SDX component and patches up to 24 LC fibers.
· A Small Enclosure that houses two SDX components and patches up to 48 LC fibers.
· A Medium Enclosure that houses four SDX components and patches up to 96 LC fibers.
· A Large Enclosure that houses 12 SDX components and patches up to 288 LC fibers.
According to Leviton, the entire line is ideal for a range of applications because of its consistent feature set, installation steps, and deployment process. "Leviton engineered SDX Wall-Mount Enclosures to support a wide array of indoor environments, such as remote network hubs that require a variety of fiber counts, service provider installs that need higher security options and data center zero-RU applications that require field splicing," added Tony Yuen, Leviton Network Solutions' senior product manager. "We've even taken extreme space concerns into consideration, offering mounting options for non-traditional network areas like under a desk or inside a cubicle wall. This gives IT managers and network designers much more flexibility."
The SDX Wall-Mount Enclosure are currently available through Leviton's distribution network.
For related articles, visit the Optical Technologies Topic Center.
For more information on fiber-optic connectors and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer's Guide.